This entry was posted on July 26, 2012 by admin.
Your tweens and teens want the latest trends. You want the shoes that are best for their feet and will hold up past the first week of school. What’s a parent to do?! At Abbadabba’s, we have shoes that will satisfy your kids’ demand for cool shoes and your desire to put them in good shoes! Our founder, Janice “Abbadabba” Abernethy, put together these 5 Top Tips for Selecting School Shoes as well as some specific brand recommendations which should help you make the next shopping trip much easier!
Five Tips for Buying the Right Back-to-School Footwear
1. Flat. Will the shoe position the foot with the heel and toe at about the same distance off the ground? A flat angle helps keep the body in better balance and alignment while also preventing injuries.
We Recommend: Converse All-Star Hi-Top or Oxford in Navy (toddlers through adult)
2. Flexible. Does the pair bend and allow the feet to bend as well? Flexibility promotes more complete foot function as each step is taken, improving circulation and muscle use.
We recommend: Merrell Pure Glove in Black (available in womens sizes)
3. Foot-forming. Can the shoe mimic the natural shape of the foot without restricting it? This design allows for maximum engagement of all the metatarsals of the foot as each step is taken. A good, deep heel cup in the shoe will also aid in natural alignment of the foot. Features such as arch support for those major over-pronators should be considered, although the deep heel cup will also help in the natural "formation" of the arch as bones are aligned properly. If an orthotic is to be added to the shoe for alignment or support, it should be fit at the time of purchase.
We recommend: Naot Kirei in Burnt Copper (womens sizes)
4. Fit-appropriate. Make sure the widest part of the shoe corresponds with the widest part of the foot. Contrary to popular belief, shoes are not fit by feeling the distance between the end of the shoe and where the toes end. Instead, the arch and metatarsal bar should be positioned properly within the shoe.
We recommend: Birkenstock Boston clog in Taupe Suede (kids through adult)
5. Functional. Evaluate the intended use of the footwear. Does it need to conform to a dress code or hold up to especially active use in all of the elements? Consider functional factors like attire, style, color appropriateness, durability, protective for use (i.e. water friendly) and more.
We recommend: Clarks Wallabee in Sand Suede (womens and mens sizes)
Abbadabba’s is Atlanta’s premier source for innovative comfort footwear. Since the opening of their first store in Little 5 Points in 1981, the company has focused on offering footwear that helps people enhance their overall health, activities and passions. Major brands offered include Toms, Vibram Five Fingers, Birkenstock, Dansko, Naot, Chaco, Merrell, Dr Martens, Converse, Vans, Clarks, Frye, New Balance and more.
Abbadabba’s has five retail locations in the metro area, including Little 5 Points, Buckhead, Gwinnett, Kennesaw and East Cobb. Abbadabba’s has won numerous awards for its innovative footwear and customer service, including its most recent honor, being named Best Sneaker Store in Atlanta in Creative Loafing’s 2011 Best of Atlanta Survey. For more information, visit www.coolshoes.com.
This entry was posted in Back To School Shoes, Birkenstock, Clarks, Converse, Merrell, Naoton July 26, 2012 by admin.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.